- A partnership is a voluntary agreement between the South Carolina Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation Occupational Safety and Health Division (SC OSHA) and general contractors of a construction site project that lasts a specified period of time. It is designed to encourage, assist and recognize efforts to eliminate serious hazards and achieve a high degree of worker safety and health.
- SC OSHA assists partners in the reduction of injuries and illnesses through the long-term development of effective safety and health management systems that address hazards in accordance with the OSH Act. A partnership must meet established measurements which will be verified through quarterly joint inspections and documentation provided by the partner at least monthly.
- The program is available to construction general contractors in locales where SC OSHA has jurisdiction. Due to the length of time and manpower involved with each partnership, only a limited number are allowed at any one time. Partnership agreements include sections on purpose and scope, objectives and measures, participation criteria, statement of agreement, evaluation criteria, inspections, termination and suspension, and project safety and analysis.
- For questions related to partnerships, please call 803-896-7787 or email Sharon Dumit.
- Improved employee safety and health at construction sites
- Reduction in illness and injury cases
- Increase access to safety and health training and information
- Development of safety and health management systems
- Harper General Contractors, McCormick Water Treatment Plant Improvement Project located in McCormick, S.C.
- Mascaro/Barton Malow, Joint Venture- Carolina Panthers Rock Hill Development located in Rock Hill, S.C.
- Holder Construction Group, Mustang MNK project located in Monks Corner, S.C.
- Juneau Construction Company, University of South Carolina - Campus Village project located I Columbia, S.C.